Boardshort are popular form of beach wear and all-purpose summer wear. They were primarily made for aquatic sports , specifically for surfing. The name “boardshorts” was based on their use in aquatic sports using a board like surfing. They are called in different names in different countries like surf trunks, swim shorts, boardies, and baggies.
Because of its popularity and increasing demand, many clothing companies have initiated the production and manufacture of boardshorts. Here are the top boardshorts brands that are present in the market:
1. Hurley - an American multinational company that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, international marketing, and selling of surf apparel and accessories. They are based in Costa Mesa, California and is owned by Nike, Inc. since 2002.
- an Australian, American-based company and is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of surfwear and other boardsport related equipments. They are located in Huntington Beach, California.
3. RVCA - a company closely associated with skateboard and surf culture. They are also based in Costa Mesa, California.
4. Billabong - a surf company, primarily a clothing retailer. They are among the very first ones to manufacture boardshorts in Australia. They are based in Queensland, Australia but their products are available internationally.
5. O’neill - an American surfboard, surfwear and equipment brand which started in 1952. They were credited as the company who invented the wetsuit. They are now based in San Francisco, California.
6. Volcom - a lifestyle brand that designs, markets, and distributes boardsports-oriented products. They are headquartered in Costa Mesa, California.
7. Body Glove - a surf, skateboard, watersports brand that was founded in the United States in 1953. They are located in Redondo Beach, California.
8. Ocean and Earth - the world’s leading manufacturer of surfboard leashes and surfboard covers. They also make tailpads (deck grips), tie down roof racks, boardshorts, and other apparel. They are based in Sussex Inlet, NSW, Australia.
These companies in the list are just few of the manufacturers of boardshorts. Nowadays, almost all of the swimwear companies manufacture boardshorts.
The Smooth Shop is a company that carry most of the boardshorts brands. Their products can be bought both in their store at Logan, Utah and also online. They serve a variety of products with an outstanding service that you can count on.